Mason Bees

Here is my journey with raising mason bees. I've never raised bees before and it seems like they are somewhat simple to raise from what I have read.

I found the plans for my give here.  Here is the final product:

I think ordered my bees from Crown Bees.

When they were delivered, they came in a box which was attached to a tray and I just slid the tray onto my top shelf like in the above picture.


After moving my bees from the fridge to outside, I found two had hatched!

After more bees had hatched, I put in some more straws that I had ordered from Crown Bees and some that I had made myself from sheets of paper.

Today, I saw two bees propagating the bee population today so hopefully soon, they will start filling some straws with cocoons!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The end of part 1...intermission

I think it's a little chilly

Still hanging in there