The end of part 1...intermission

Today was the day I started the waiting game officially. I havent seen any bee a activity for about a week now and we had three strikes after three nights if seeing no bees in the hive at night. So I took down the bee hive today and took out the tubes that contained some sort of occlusion.

There were 37 tubes filled. Of these 37, there were about 75% of them full, end to end and the rest were partially full.

Found this pollen clump in one of the tubes, almost like a kernel of corn.

This was the first tube setup I used by cutting paper straws on the long axis. I decided these three weren't going to move on into storage so we had a science class in the garage explaining the building of the cells and the cocoons.

Going from left to right in the tube, we see first the mud cap, then a pollen bunch, larva, and then another cap. This series continues from one end to the other. If you notice the small little black spots...that's bee poop!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think it's a little chilly

Still hanging in there